Transportation Dispatcher Clerk
- Under general supervision, to schedule and dispatch regular school bus routes and drivers
- To schedule and dispatch extra trip assignments as necessary
- To perform a wide variety of clerical work including typing, checking, and recording information; to compile and prepare reports
- To compute statistical data; to maintain a file system
- To compile and prepare student information related to transportation
- To do related work as required, consistent with job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Schedules and assigns daily bus routes and drivers
- Schedules and assigns extra trips
- Assists in scheduling an efficient and cost-effective routing system
- Provides information to district personnel and public regarding services provided by the Transportation Department
- Compiles and prepares reports and master copies
- Operates a computer terminal and utilizes the various programs available
- Operates typewriter, copying, and duplicating machines and 2-way radio system
- Analyzes situations and adopts an effective course of action
- Carries out verbal and written directions independently
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Type at a rate of fifty (50) words per minute.
Two (2) years of varied clerical experience of a responsible nature. Understanding of or experience in a Transportation Department preferred.