- To coordinate and manage district’s Business Department payroll functions. Includes coordination of payroll activities to payables, receivables, purchasing, attendance, and general accounting.
- To plan, organize, and supervise Business Department’s payroll staff and assist in evaluation of all department staff.
- With the Chief Business Officer, negotiate and administer District sponsored health plans.
Directly responsible to the Director of Fiscal Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Organizes, directs, coordinates and supervises the activities and operations for the processing of payroll for all employees.
- Trains, assigns, schedules, supervises and formally evaluates the work assigned payroll staff.
- Directs audits of all payroll records and transactions (including but not limited to verification of salary calculation, retirement coding, payroll adjustments, step increases, cost of living adjustments and longevity, for all District payrolls).
- Responsible for the administration of payroll software system, interfacing with vendor, Alameda County Office of Education and payroll staff. Also responsible for software conversions.
- Responsible for interpretation and implementation of all District labor contract agreements relating to employee compensation and fringe benefits, in coordination with Personnel and Fiscal Services.
- Establishes and implements internal procedures for the processing of payroll; recommends changes in existing procedures to increase efficiency.
- Maintains and/or directs the maintenance of payroll records and files for accountability.
- Reviews all payroll reports for accuracy, makes corrections as needed, verifies and oversees the distribution of the Annual Form W-2. Supervises the adjustments for IRC 125 Cafeteria
- Plans, domestic partner insurance, third party sick pay, and excess life insurance as necessary.
- Provides data, analysis and information to administrators, managers, faculty, staff and bargaining units regarding payroll policy and related procedures, activities, operations, standards and applicable codes and laws.
- Receives, investigates, and resolves individual staff payroll related problems.
- Responsible for liaison for the payroll portion of the District’s audit and other outside auditors.
- Coordinates fiscal and calendar year-end payroll procedures with software vendor and Alameda County Office of Education.
- Ensures that the required payroll documents, magnetic tapes, payroll extracts, and system reports are prepared to interface with computerized financial accounting systems for both
- District and interfacing with Alameda County Office of Education.
- Conducts research, completing federal and state reports and assuring compliance with all relevant rules and regulations.
- Serves as a liaison between the campus community, Alameda County Office of Education, State Teachers’ Retirement Systems, and Public Employees Retirement System relating to payroll.
- Manages the budget for the Payroll office.
Three (3) years of school business related experience, one year office supervision desirable.
- General accounting principles and procedures and special procedures regarding payroll as applied to school business.
- School business functions including but not limited to general ledger, payroll, payables, receivables, and school business reporting.
- General principles of administration and training and evaluation of employees.
- Computer experience desirable, especially in spreadsheets.
Bachelors Degree in Business or Accounting desirable.
Mgt. Salary Range 24
225 day workyear