REA Family Literacy Facilitator
To engage the families of identified students in grades K-3 that need support and education in order to foster literacy for their children.
Directly responsible to site administrator and REA Grant Coordinator
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide resources to the families of our students to support and encourage the literacy learning of their children.
- Plan, coordinate, and attend day and evening parent education classes and become instrumental in encouraging parental attendance at necessary parent meetings.
- Help secure and provide interactive literacy activities between parents and their children.
- Organize training for parents regarding how to be the primary teacher for their children and full time partners in the education of their children.
- Develop activities for interaction between parents and their children to encourage literacy and to help parents feel more comfortable in our school.
- Facilitate day and evening workshops to support literacy.
- Maintain data base and provide information as required by the REA Grant.
- Must pass qualifying test at RCA IV
- Spanish/English Bilingual Speaker
- College degree
- Knowledge of community resources/agencies available to families to foster literacy.
- Willingness to work evening hours or late day hours (flexible schedule).
- Experience in and a commitment to serving families of various socioeconomic groups.