RCA II – General
Under general supervision, to perform a variety of paraprofessional, instructional and clerical tasks as directed by instructional personnel; to work in a variety of settings; and to do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists instructional personnel with the presentation of learning materials and instructional exercises
- May coordinate the work of other Resource Assistants
- Tutors students individually or in small groups to reinforce and follow up learning activities in a resource center and/or an individual classroom
- Oversees and supervises students during activities in classrooms, media centers, playgrounds, and on field trips
- May assist in parent conferences; attends inservice meetings as required
- Assists in maintaining a neat, orderly, and attractive learning environment
- May perform clerical duties such as filing and duplicating materials
- Operates audio-visual and office equipment
- Performs all related duties as assigned
- Utilizes teaching aids and office machines
- Performs basic arithmetical calculations accurately
- Performs routine clerical work.
Must pass qualifying tests.
One year paid experience working with children in an organized educational setting.