RCA I – Child Aide
Child Aides work under the general supervision of the Coordinator of Student Services. Day to day Child Aide supervision is provided by the School Based Mental Health Professional and the Mental Health Consultant (designated by the Early Mental Health Primary Intervention Program). Child Aides, working under direct, close supervision, provide non directive expressive play sessions that are designated to establish a positive meaningful relationship with students. They are to work in a variety of settings and to do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Responsible to site administrators, Coordinator of Student Services, and Director of Pupil Services and Alternative Programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Participate in a minimum of two hours per week of supervision and training; establish rapport and warm, meaningful relationships with referred students
- Use communication skills, creative play materials, and games with individual students
- Talk with students and establish an atmosphere to encourage their expression of feelings and ideas
- Help build confidence in students through one-to-one interactions
- Provide feedback to the program team, including the principal, teachers, and other school personnel
- Participate with school personnel and/or consultants in selection, progress, exit, and other conferences concerning students both in the school and in the community agencies
- Assist with program record keeping
- Attend two day training every fall.
Must Pass qualifying test