- Under limited supervision or direction, to perform responsible relating duties to the purchase of a variety of materials and supplies
- Assist in the development, preparation, and issuance of standardized or specialized procurement specifications and related bid publicity, and reports
- Prepare requests for quotations
- Maintain records
- And to do other related work as required, consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrator
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist the Director of Purchasing in the preparation and monitoring of formal bids, including placing advertisements, preparing bid documents with minimum guidance, attending bid
- openings, and typing board resolutions
- Perform a clerical review of requisitions, checking for completeness of description, designation of account to be charged, and signatures of budget administrators
- Secure price quotations where necessary and extend totals
- Confer with vendor representative regarding type, availability, and pricing of products; place phone orders
- Composes routing letters independently
- Maintain the bid file
- Contact vendors and schools/departments regarding discrepancies on orders or shipping
- Return materials which are damaged, not suited to our needs, or received that are not in accordance with description on purchase order
- Perform clerical duties, such as preparing board resolutions, bids, and filing
- Handle correspondence for the Director of Purchasing
- Assist in the training of subordinates and students
- Serve as a contact person for other departments and district sites
- Assist in the preparation of supply listing for annual purchases
- And assist the Director of Purchasing on the sale of surplus material.
Type at a speed of not less than fifty (50) words per minute from clear copy
Pass a qualifying test.
Two (2) years of related purchasing experience preferred, with one year to have been in a school district, or government procurement area.