To assist the Director of Special Services and site administration at CCHS/CCMS in the administration and coordination of the mental health Day Treatment programs.
- Directly responsible to the Director of Special Services.
- Responsible for the supervision of mental health programs providing Day Treatment services to students with IEP needs at CCHS and CCMS, supporting staff and administration in the IEP process and in professional development related to mental health and behavioral health. Responsible for evaluating programs and staff, record keeping, and facilitating collaboration between referring programs.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of IEPs in mental health programs.
- Reviews IEPs for quality standards with the special education staff.
- Assures that legal and due process requirements are met.
- Coordinates placements of special education students transferring into and out of mental health programs at CCMS and CCHS.
- Coordinates special education staff development within the mental health programs, specifically related to behavior plans, compliant therapeutic practice and positive behavioral health supports.
- Provides for the development of new models and supports in mental health programs.
- Provides assistance for special education staff in modifying and implementing the behavioral and therapeutic support plans for students.
- Assists in the evaluation process of classified staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Policies and objectives of assigned programs and activities.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Record-keeping and report preparation techniques.
- Diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of District students.
- Coordinate and manage mental health Day Treatment programs.
- Assess program needs and develop viable plans and alternatives.
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Operate a computer and assigned software.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Plan and organize work.
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive reports.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Hear and speak to exchange information and make presentations.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- See to read a variety of materials.
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Marriage Family Therapist (MFT)
- Minimum of Master’s Degree
- School based mental health experience required, School Psychologist/LEP preferred
- Ability and experience supervising graduate school interns required
- Experience with students K-12th grade required
- Office Environment
- School Environment
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
SALARY & WORKYEAR:
Management salary range 45 1-5
210 day work year