Maintenance – Utility Worker II
Under the general supervision of the designated administrator, to assist in performing skilled maintenance and repair work on District flooring. Plans, assigns and coordinates routine preventive floor maintenance, and does related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- As directed, assist in preparation of work schedules, coordinates the work for the flooring preventive maintenance team, and sees work is done in accordance with instructions.
- Performs and assists preventive flooring maintenance and cleaning on flooring systems throughout the District.
- Assist in installing and preparing flooring materials as necessary for the maintenance and upkeep of the District property.
- As directed, assist in keeping school buildings, facilities and equipment clean and in proper working order and running condition.
- Assist in performing a variety of skilled maintenance duties which could include painting of buildings and minor repairs as necessary.
- Assist in doing minor alterations and emergency major repairs.
- Performs heavy physical labor, uses hand and power tools related to work performed.
- Follows common safety practices and procedures, coordinates the work of others, follows oral and written directions.
Must pass qualifying test.
Possesses an appropriate California operator’s license issued by the State of California Department of Motor Vehicles.
One year general experience in building maintenance, mechanical equipment maintenance, construction, or demonstrable equivalent.