Maintenance Person II
Under general supervision, to assist and/or individually perform high level maintenance, construction and repair work on district buildings, grounds and equipment; and to do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs tasks related to keeping district’s buildings, facilities and equipment clean and in proper working order and condition
- Maintains and repairs pipelines, plumbing fixtures and electrical appliances
- Repairs windows, doors, floors, and other building appurtenances
- Assists or performs a variety of high level work in one or more of the building or mechanical trades
- Performs high level maintenance work in one of the building or mechanical trades
- Uses tools and equipment skillfully and safely
- Works from sketches and blueprints
- Keeps accurate record
- Follows and gives oral and written directions
- Performs heavy manual labor.
Must pass qualifying tests.
Possession of an appropriate California Operator’s License issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
Three years experience as a Maintenance Person I or demonstrable equivalency.