Lead Graphics Communications Technician
- Under limited supervision, to assist in the overall production scheduling of a printing facility
- To operate the production equipment available at said facility
- To coordinate the work of personnel assigned
- To maintain inventory records; and to do related work as required consistent with job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operates duplicating, collating, binding, photo lithographic, and plate-making equipment
- Trains and coordinates the work of subordinates in the operation of said equipment.
- Coordinates the work of or serves as lead to employees performing publication duties
- Keeps supervisor informed of the work performed by assigned employees
- Oversees Docutech and various other duplicating machine operations including methods used in making masters, set-ups, mixing of solutions, cleaning, adjustment, and minor repair of equipment
- Maintains supply inventories
- Keeps accurate records of operation
- Calculates billing for completed work
- Operates equipment as production requires
- Evaluates work methods and productivity of production tasks.
- Overtime work is part of the job responsibility.
Must pass qualifying tests.
Possession of an appropriate California Operator’s License issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
Four years experience in the operation of offset duplicating machines including some lead experience. At least one year experience in the operation of a Docutech copy machine.