- Under limited supervision, to perform skilled maintenance, construction, and repair work of district building appurtenances and equipment
- To coordinate the work of the maintenance team assigned to the maintenance trailer
- To coordinate the work of other district personnel as required
- To assist in the coordination of contract work with outside contractors
- And do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Installs, maintains, and makes repairs to electrical circuits and equipment
- Maintains and makes repairs to gas and water lines, sprinkler systems, and fixtures
- Inspects, maintains, and repairs heater and boiler systems
- Repairs and adjusts locks
- Repairs and resets clocks and bell systems
- Builds forms and fixtures
- Coordinates the work of or serves as leadman to employees assisting in maintenance duties
- Prepares for and paints a wide variety of surfaces
- Performs tasks related to the glazier trade
- When appropriate, works with outside contractors in conjunction with district maintenance work
- Performs journeyman level work in one or more of the building or mechanical trades
- Uses required tools and equipment skillfully and safely
- Reads and works from sketches and blueprints
- Keeps accurate work records follows and gives oral and written directions
- Performs heavy manual labor
- Maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Must pass qualifying tests.
- Two years of experience as a Maintenance Person II or demonstrable equivalency.
- Possession of an appropriate California Operator’s License issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.