Lead Cafeteria Assistant
Under minimal supervision, to operate a satellite kitchen and to do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates the service of food in a satellite kitchen
- Assigns work to other cafeteria staff
- Trains substitutes
- Handles cash, keeps and balances financial records for daily lunches
- Inventories foods and kitchen equipment
- Orders supplies if necessary
- Makes sure kitchen is kept clean and equipment is in good working order; opens kitchen prior to service time
- Closes and secures kitchen areas at end of day
- Maintains a simple bookkeeping system for sales of foods
- Plans and organizes kitchen service operations to meet fixed schedules; understands and carries out oral and written instructions; works cooperatively with other school personnel.
- Must pass qualifying test.
- Possession of food safety certificate as required by California State law.
One year of experience involving snack bar or cafeteria operation.