Under general supervision to operate and maintain a wide variety of grounds power equipment or maintain automatic irrigation systems as a regular and major assignment; to perform grounds maintenance and gardening work; to do related work consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operates and maintains large turf mower, tractors, trucks, and other equipment or repair irrigation systems
- Performs athletic field preparation, landscape installation, and a variety of grounds maintenance duties
- Performs general grounds keeping work
- Performs heavy physical labor.
- Must pass both qualifying written test and performance test.
- Possession of appropriate California Operator’s License issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Two years of experience as a Gardener II or demonstrable equivalency. Revised March 2011