Under limited supervision, to perform skilled maintenance, construction, and repair work of athletic facilities, landscaped areas; irrigation systems and grounds equipment; to coordinate work with other district gardening personnel, coaches, students, and volunteers; and to do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Installs and maintains trees, shrubs, ground cover and turf, including pruning, mowing, watering, fertilizing, and pesticide spraying
- Keeps landscape areas clean and orderly
- Installs and repairs automatic sprinkler systems
- Maintains a variety of outdoor athletic facilities
- Operates and repairs grounds equipment
- Coordinates the work of or serves as leadman to employees performing gardening duties
- Keeps supervisor informed of the work performance of assigned employees
- Performs professional level work in the maintenance of grounds, irrigation systems and grounds equipment
- Uses required tools and equipment skillfully and safely
- Reads and works from sketches and blueprints
- Keeps accurate work records
- Follows and give oral and written directions
- Performs heavy manual labor
- Exercises responsibility for coordination of a variety of personnel.
- Must pass qualifying tests.
- Two (2) years experience as a Gardener III or demonstrable equivalency.