Facility Assistant II
Under general supervision, to independently set up building and athletic facilities for a variety of school and community uses, to assist in performing skilled maintenance, construction and repair work on district buildings and equipment (includes athletic equipment), performs a variety of cleaning, and to do a related work as required consistent with job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Set up facilities for community and school activities
- Sets up indoor/outdoor athletic activities, including related lighting, sound system, scoreboards and related equipment
- Lines athletic fields and facilities
- Cleans facilities.
- Make simple repairs to sound, scoreboard, and lighting systems, follows schedule of events and plan work to effectively complete tasks on time.
- Assists in keeping school buildings, facilities and equipment clean and in proper running order and working condition
Assists in the operation, maintenance and repair of pipelines, plumbing fixtures and electrical appliances’ making routine building repairs to windows, doors, floors and other building appurtenances
- Doing painting on buildings and on repaired equipment and materials
- Assists in building of cabinets, partitions, shelving and bookcases and repair of student desks
- Assists in doing minor alterations and in an emergency, major repairs
- Performs heavy manual labor
- Uses hand and power tools related to work performed
- Follows common safety practices and procedures
- Follows oral and written instructions.
Must pass qualifying tests.
Possession of an appropriate California Operator’s License issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
One year experience in set up of facilities, one year general experience in construction, building equipment and mechanical maintenance or demonstrable equivalency.