- Under the supervision of the Director of Facilities, to perform duties related to the administration of construction projects for the district.
- To assist with the bidding of construction projects
- Prepare requisitions and related financial tracking
- Process accounting reports to the Office of Public School Construction
- To retain records as required; to perform other job-related duties as required.
Directly responsible to the Director of Facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and facilitate all requests for bids, bid openings and contract signing.
- Responsible for the technical, operational, and daily management of the Facility Dept.
- Responsible for maintaining project logs.
- Responsible for creation of expense reports for the State Allocation Board.
- Prepare Board work for Facility Department.
- Work closely with accounts payable to ensure payment of invoices in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Principles and practices of public agency purchasing, particularly as related to facilities and construction.
- Public contract code and construction bidding process.
- Business office and purchasing procedures
- Governmental fund accounting
- California Labor Code
- Read and interpret laws, rules, and regulations for purchasing under Education and Government Codes
- Analyze invoices, bids and contracts for completeness, quality and cost
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work\
- Read and analyze certified payroll records
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license with no restrictions which would preclude driving on the job is a continuous requirement.
- Equivalent to completion of an associate degree in an appropriate field.
- Accounting, business, purchasing, or other business experience may be substituted for the education on a year for year basis.
- Minimum three years of increasingly responsible experience in performing purchasing, business or technical purchasing-support.
- Work, preferably in a public agency setting with experience in construction administration requirements.
Mgt. Salary Range 18-26
225 day work year