Director, Adult Education & Intervention Services
Under the direction of the Deputy Superintendent, coordinate and manage the Adult School Program for New Haven Unified School District.
Plan, organize, deliver, and direct intervention services to improve student performance which assure compliance with District content standards and student achievement goals.
1. Supervises all aspects of the instructional program following the established curriculum of the district.
2. Administers policies and regulations of the Board of Education, the district administration, as well as appropriate state laws and federal regulations.
3. Evaluates all certificated and designated classified personnel according to state and district guidelines.
4. Makes recommendations to the Superintendent with regard to the selection or retention, transfer, promotion, and dismissal of personnel.
5. Makes appropriate personnel assignments in the Adult School Program.
6. In cooperation with district administration, organizes and directs inservice and curriculum development activities with the staff.
7. Works with parents and school-related organizations in maintaining positive school-community relations.
8. Establishes and administers appropriate student management procedures.
9. Administers business functions and budget control in relationship to the Adult School Program.
10. Prepares brochures and other informational materials necessary to advertise the Adult Education Program.
11. Assesses community and district needs as related to Adult Education and establishes new programs as appropriate.
12. Prepares and submits grant applications as appropriate to program needs.
13. Coordinates and facilitates articulation with our school counselors and administration.
14. Organize and direct the activities and operations of the summer school and migrant Education programs.
15. Manage and monitor the Migrant Education and Intervention budgets.
16. Communicate with other administrators, State and local agencies, and outside organizations to coordinate activities and programs, resolve issues and conflicts and exchange information.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Planning, organization and direction of the Adult School Program.
- Intervention programs and methods to support and improve student performance.
- Knowledge of Migrant Education.
- Principles, techniques, strategies, research and evaluation of a comprehensive K-Adult system.
- District curriculum, District content standards.
- Budget preparation and control.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Principle and practices of administration, supervision and training.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Public speaking techniques
- Supervise the performance of assigned personnel.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective, working relations with others ; Operate a computer and assigned office equipments.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Plan and organize work.
- Prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports.
- Direct the maintenance of a variety of reports and files related to assigned activities.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Hear and speak to exchange information and make presentations.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- See to read a variety of materials.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Any combination equivalent to: master’s degree and five years of teaching experience.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Possess or eligibility for a California General Administration, Standards Administration, Administration Services, Administrative Internship, or Supervision with appropriate basic credentials.
Office environment. Mgt. Salary Range 53 225 day work year