Under the supervision of the Custodial Leader, to perform work in school buildings and surrounding areas, and to do related work as required by the building administrator consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes concrete, linoleum, tile, and wood floors and vacuums rugs and carpets in school plant offices and rooms
- Cleans and dusts walls, furniture, woodwork, and other equipment
- Picks up paper and other refuse on grounds and sweeps walks and entrances; washes, scrubs, and disinfects restrooms
- Cleans windows
- Door glass and drinking fountains
- Cleans and polishes metal work such as door panels and hand-railings
- Empties and cleans waste containers; assists in moving or rearranging chairs, tables, desks, furniture, containers, and teacher equipment upon request
- Replaces light bulbs
- Maintains equipment used in the course of work
- Performs special custodial work upon request
- Reports safety, sanitary, and fire hazards
- Assists in the complete cleaning of buildings and grounds during summer vacation
- Performs routine groundskeeping duties; adjusts thermostats and checks gauges on boilers
- Assists in loading waste materials for disposal.
- Must pass qualifying tests.
- One year of experience in custodial work.