Computer Operations Specialist
Under general supervision of the Director of Information Systems, to provide operation and system management of computer systems and peripherals and to perform related work as required.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs computer operation and system management for HP3000 (MPEix), HP9000 (HPUX), and other servers.
- Working with supervisor, develops documentation, and implements operation procedures and schedules.
- Provides assistance and support to school staff in the use of the administrative system.
- Responds to and resolves system errors in a timely manner and reports unresolved errors to supervisor.
- Administers district telephone and voice mail systems.
- Knowledge and experience with MPEiX, HPUX, and other computer systems, and their related hardware peripherals.
- Ability to keyboard effectively. Ability to operate an HP3000 computer and an HP9000 UNIX computer.
Two years experience in HP3000 computer operations desirable.