Provide support and training to users while assisting with the management of staff and student data in District information systems.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and provide training and documentation to users of District information systems and resources.
- Provide assistance to users of District information systems and resources for the purposes of training or troubleshooting.
- Act as liaison between users and support vendors for District information systems and resources.
- Attends trainings and presentations as necessary to maintain skills in District information systems and resources.
- Generates a variety of reports and documents from District information systems in prescribed formats and at special requests for the purpose of meeting staff, student, District, state and federal reporting needs.
- Prepare written materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Train users on District processes as they relate to District information systems and resources.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and seminars as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance for the purpose of ensuring the availability and security of data.
- Conduct scheduled imports and exports of data between District and other (including state and federal) information systems as necessary to ensure proper functioning of those systems.
- Consult with users to provide guidance in the effective use of District information systems and resources.
- Work with school staff within and outside the District to resolve data anomalies in systems the District maintains or with which it integrates.
- Test and evaluate application software products and assist in the evaluation of software product standards.
- Assist in implementing new or updated information systems.
- Assist with other technology department duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATE KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Student Information Systems
- Software troubleshooting techniques.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Terminology, processes and operations of assigned office or program.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Basic research methods and report preparation techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Communicate effectively with staff, administration and others as required.
- Maintain records, logs and files.
- Learn principles of training and providing work direction and guidance to others.
- Provide instruction to users of District information systems and resources.
- Compile, assemble, verify and prepare data for records and reports.
- Determine appropriate action within clearly defined guidelines.
- Compose correspondence and written materials independently.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Plan and organize work.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Be able to multitask.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Hear and speak to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- See to read a variety of materials.
Knowledge and experience with student information systems. Knowledge and experience with school office operations.
- Manage district social media and other technology resources
- Familiarity with district communication systems (student information system, website management, social media accounts)
- Familiarity with common media file formats (mp4, pdf, .png, .jpeg, .wav, etc.) and ability to integrate these in varied media
- Ability/willingness to attend school events at school sites, possibly off-site, to facilitate creation of media content
- Demonstrated basic design experience (content presentation, formatting)
- Flexibility to have varied start and end times depending on scheduled events
- Familiarity with common social media platforms
Three (3) years of responsible and varied experience in stenographic and clerical work, preferably including at least one (1) year of experience in a school district. One (1) year experience providing support to computer software users.