Under the direction of an assigned administrator, perform a variety of independent secretarial and department management duties at the Centralized Enrollment Center.
To provide direction to and supervision of employees assigned to the Centralized Enrollment Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform a variety of independent secretarial and administrative tasks in the management of the Centralized Enrollment Center.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises the work of assigned staff
- Assists in the evaluation of departmental staff as needed.
- Types a variety of correspondence, memoranda, requisitions, reports, board communications, lists, bulletins, forms and letters
- Assemble materials and prepare packets.
- Monitors and evaluates clerical tasks and functions; assists in the completion of projects and reports on an ongoing basis
- Approves and monitors department staff vacations, breaks, and other absences.
- Provides for the analysis of changes in work loads and fluctuation of work loads and prepares recommendations to accommodate these; provides for orientation and training of assigned staff.
- Assigns and plans for the utilization of student workers or aides; provides for training needs assessment of assigned staff and plans for appropriate training and plans for the utilization of personnel and equipment to meet clerical needs; provides for the ongoing communication between assigned staff and administrative staff.
- Provides for the analysis of changes in work loads and fluctuation of work loads and prepares recommendations to accommodate these.
- Supervises the establishment and maintenance of files
- Provides for the recording and reporting of work order status for site or department.
- Analyzes procedures and makes recommendations to ensure efficiency of operation.
- Provides for training, supplies, and maintenance of office equipment as required.
- Supervises the pick-up and delivery of intra-district mail and deliveries through U.S. Postal Service or other delivery service.
- Maintains calendar of clerical production; plans for and supervises the production and/or revision of major documents.
- Provides supplies for meetings
- Plans for the utilization of computer capability to meet existing and newly identified needs.
- Arranges for translation letters, documents, handbooks, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
- Basic research methods.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Principles of training and providing work direction.
- Methods of collecting and organizing data and information.
- Business letter and report writing techniques.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Basic math.
- Perform a wide variety of clerical and secretarial duties to relieve the supervisor of administrative and clerical detail.
- Serve as a liaison between administrators, faculty, staff, students, parents and the public.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Learn applicable sections of the State Education Code and other applicable laws.
- Learn District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- Type at a minimum of 65 words per minute from clear copy.
- Take and transcribe dictation at an acceptable rate of speed.
- Maintain financial and statistical records.
- Compile and verify data and prepare reports.
- Understand and work within scope of authority.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and privileged information.
- Complete work with many interruptions.
- Compose correspondence and written materials independently or from oral instructions.
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing systems.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Make basic mathematic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Hear and speak to exchange information in person or on the telephone.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- See to read a variety of materials.
- Bend at the waist, kneel or crouch to file materials.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Five (5) years secretarial experience and experience in district enrollment procedures, ADA reporting, and data entry.
- Office Environment
- Constant Interruptions
Confidential/Supervisory Salary Range 18
225 day work year