Under supervision, to prepare and serve foods in a school cafeteria; to clean kitchen equipment and utensils; and to do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists Cook/Baker in the preparation of foods for cooking or baking
- Prepares salads, desserts, and sandwiches; sets up the serving line and serves food
- Assists in cleaning and storing dishes, utensils, cafeteria equipment, and food supplies, cleans work areas and disposes of refuse
- Collects money for items sold
- Assists in counting money and recording monies received
- Prepares vegetables and other foods; exhibits manual dexterity
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Must pass qualifying test.