Under supervision of the Food Service Manager, to be responsible for daily food service operation; to count and prepare for deposition of all food service, catering and stadium snack bar receipts; and to related work as required consistent with job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- With the Cafeteria Manager, assigns daily duties to other employees in their designated snack bars
- Sets up the serving lines and serves food
- Maintains snack bars and the kitchen in a clean and orderly condition to provide sanitary service
- Responsible for organizing storage room, walk-in freezer and refrigerator
- Orders and receives bottled beverages and supplies for the money room
- Reviews daily production and/or ordering sheet and keeps an accurate usage record of items in designated area
- Prepares food as needed
- Collects money for items sold and gives correct change
- Processes all cash and check transactions from all the schools in the district into one daily deposit
- Composes daily deposit statement and distribute to designated employees
- Processes all food service and Associated Student Body receipts and maintain a financial record for all the meals served in the district
- Prepares start up cash for each register in snack bars and all the schools
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
Other related work as required, consistent with the job description
Must pass qualifying test
At least one (1) year of experience involving snack bar or cafeteria operation.