To plan, organize, control and direct the instructional programs, operations, plant and personnel for an alternative education program; assure safe and positive learning environment for the students and staff of the Alternative Education Program.
- Directly responsible to the Superintendent or designee.
- Directly responsible for the administrative and teaching staff within the school.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise all aspects of the instructional program following the established curriculum of the district.
- Administer policies and regulations of the Board of Education, the District Administration, as well as appropriate state laws and federal regulations.
- Evaluate all certificated and designated classified personnel according to state and district guidelines.
- Make recommendations to the Superintendent with regard to the selection or retention, transfer, promotion and dismissal of personnel.
- Make appropriate personnel assignments at the building level.
- In cooperation with District Administration, organize and direct in-service and curriculum development activities with the staff.
- Work with parents and school related organizations in maintaining positive schoolcommunity relations.
- Establish and administer appropriate student management procedures.
- Administer business functions and budget control at the school in accordance with district procedures.
- Supervise students on campus before and after school; monitor students during lunch, breaks and other activities.
- Assure the health, safety and welfare of students; oversee attendance, behavior management, counseling, guidance and other student support services; provide individual academic and personal counseling to students and parents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATE KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive organization, activities, goals and objectives of a District Alternative Education Program.
- School law administration and applicable section of the California Education Code and other applicable laws.
- State and local curriculum concerns
- Board and District Policies, procedures and regulations
- Labor relations law and employee contracts
- State plant facility requirements
- Budget preparation and control
- Principles and practices of administration, supervision and training
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Oral and written communication skills
- Public speaking techniques
- Computer operation
- Plan, organize and direct operations, plant and personnel of an alternative education program
- Organize, train, direct, evaluate and supervise assigned certificated and classified staff
- Direct activities regarding personnel, the physical plant budget, student services and activities, curriculum and instruction, and communication and articulation
- Plan and direct the budget and business operations of the alternative education program
- Establish, coordinate and maintain communication and community and parent groups
- Plan, implement, direct and evaluate instructional and categorical programs in accordance with applicable law
- Plan and organize work
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt effective course of action
- Complete work with many interruptions
- Read, interpret, apply and examine rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance
- Hear and speak to exchange information and make presentations
- See to monitor students and read a variety of materials
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Bend at waist, kneel or crouch
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Any combination equivalent to: master degree in education or related field and five years of
classroom experience, including at least three years at the secondary level in an administrative
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- California Teaching or other appropriate Credential
- California Administrative Services Credential
- Valid California Class C driver’s license
- Office Environment
- Constant interruptions
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work
Mgt.salary range 54/1-5
220 day work year